[Fsf-friends] Gnu/Linux Habba v3 @ Nitte

Omshivaprakash H L omshivaprakash at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 14:09:21 IST 2009

Hi Sasi,

V. Sasi Kumar wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-02-01 at 13:11 +0530, Omshivaprakash H L wrote:
>
>> Sampada Community is happy to announce Gnu/Linux Habba v3. This time we
>> are  @ NMAM Institute of Technology, Nitte (60km's from Mangalore) on
>> 7th February.
>
> This is now listed in the Events page of FSF India's website. It would
> be good if you can send a report on the event afterwards. I also suggest
> that you specify the location clearly on the website (that it is near
> Mangalore).

Thank you, Sure, will have the route map and other things added. We
shall document the report of this event and update the mailing list.

> I understand that a recording studio in Mangalore would like to migrate
> to Free Software. The owner, I believe, has problems with the software
> he is using now. It would be good if someone can help him migrate. But,
> if what I understand is correct, he has a system with a high end sound
> card that may not have a Free driver. The studio is called Kalasangama
> and is in the KACES campus at Balmata in Mangalore.

Sure, will try to make it to this studio or will have any of our
volunteers look into this. We will be there to look at various things
like this and help rejuvenate the local Gnu/Linux groups.

> Best
Thanks once again!

"A well-directed imagination is the source of great deeds"
--
With Best Regards,
Omshivaprakash.H.L | ಓಂ ಶಿವಪ್ರಕಾಶ್ ಎಚ್. ಎಲ್ | ॐ शिवप्रकाश् एच्. एल्

Website : http://www.techfiz.info
Blog : http://platonic.techfiz.info
Phone: 91- 9902026518
AIM : fizworks
ICQ : 265216744
IRC : #techfiz  server: irc.freenode.net channel: #linux-india
#ubuntu-in #gnu-india #kannada