[Fsf-friends] Kerala syllabus includes Power Point

Krishnakant krmane at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 22:43:19 IST 2009

hello all,
On Sat, 2009-04-04 at 22:32 +0530, V. Sasi Kumar wrote:
> The recommended syllabus for Course 2 (Academic Writing and
> Presentation) among the Common Courses, as recommended by the Higer
> Education Council, contains Power Point. I think we should register our
> protest. The syllabus should not specify a particular company's
> software. It has to be generic. They should change it to Multimedia
> Presentation. Can we send a letter to the Higher Education Council and
> to the Education Minister on this issue?

Not just a protest for branding the education on the name of one
software or company, but also for the fact that we should not include
those softwares in education which are developed by handfull of people
trying to impose themselves on people at large for their personal
business.

Educational institutes should *only* teach softwares where every one
from the community has a say and not just a few people who would tell
you "this is how it is supposed to be ".
happy hacking.
Krishnakant.