No subject

Sun Sep 28 22:52:05 IST 2008

 20 """Clean up an .mbox archive file.
 21
 22 The archiver looks for Unix-From lines separating messages in an
mbox archive
 23 file.  For compatibility, it specifically looks for lines that start with
 24 "From " -- i.e. the letters capital-F, lowercase-r, o, m, space, ignoring
 25 everything else on the line.
 26
 27 Normally, any lines that start "From " in the body of a message should be
 28 escaped such that a > character is actually the first on a line.  It is
 29 possible though that body lines are not actually escaped.  This script
 30 attempts to fix these by doing a stricter test of the Unix-From lines.  Any
 31 lines that start "From " but do not pass this stricter test are
escaped with a
 32 > character.

Diff of cleanarch in 2.1.9 and 2.1.11 show no change.

Probably list admins on mailman mailinglists would have to report this
and/or fix this(cleanarch)
and send a patch.  I have no clue about python by cleanarch logic
looks unconvincing.

mostly this is all fairytale :-)