[Fsf-friends] Has FSF-India lost its relevance?

Vikram Vincent vincentvikram at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 10:15:17 IST 2008

2008/9/28 Jack As <jcakas at gmail.com>

> <snip>but
> 1. The members of the FSF-I work group have not met nor changed in
> ages..(see the Who's who for reference)

Having been active for quite sometime now I have noticed that the FSF-I
leadership does not bother to give either organisational or political or any
guidance despite numerous requests from the community. I do not know if this
is due to ignorance or because they do not want to.

Of course, most of the people on the work group have been inactive over a
long period of time and need to be replaced by more active members.

It does give rise to suspicion whether the members have not been changed
just to ensure that a few remain in power.

2. The members of the FSF-I and a few others throw accusations against teams
> trying to do something to popularise free software by using some frivolous
> technicalities...

Whether Chennai or Kerala or whereever...

> 3. Just 5 men on the FSF-I board who do nothing but talk a lot(paper
> tigers)...

This is not entirely true. On the Board we have Kiran who's team is known to
be doing a lot of ground work in AP. I am not sure about the others'
involvement in ground work though they do do a lot of other things...

More than a CPIM takeover I am worried about FSF-I rotting to death due to
> inactivity...
>

> @ The board of directors
> Kindly replace the people who do nothing(including your kind selves) with
> those who can.
>
> Wishing you to do what is right in the best interest of the movement,
> Jack As
>
> --
Vikram Vincent
+919448810822