[Fsf-friends] Ban Closed Source Software and Hardware

Mani A a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 00:01:45 IST 2008

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 7:30 AM, Raj Mathur <raju at linux-delhi.org> wrote:

> I already wear a tin-foil hat to prevent those pesky Martians (whom you
> now inform me are the CIA in disguise) from filling my brain with
> carnal thoughts 24x7, but what does all this have to do with Free
> Software?

With free software and hardware, we can be more aware and avoid giving
an unfair edge to possible adversaries. Those involved in research on
computational models of the brain and human reasoning (including
connectionists) can prove that over time such 'unfair advantages'
 can have fatal consequences.

--
A. Mani
Member, Cal. Math. Soc