[Fsf-friends] Microsoft entry through ACM

Shyam K mail at swathanthran.in
Fri Sep 26 12:45:02 IST 2008

Quoting CK Raju <ck.thrissur at gmail.com>:

> "..Microsoft has signed a licensing agreement with ACM providing all
> ACM Student Members with access, at no charge, to a variety (~ 100) of
> software packages through its Microsoft Developer Network Academic
> Alliance (MSDNAA). The goal of this program is to get these tools into
> the hands of current students. All active ACM Student Members are
> eligible to participate in the ACM/MSDNAA Program..."
> http://www.acm.org/membership/student/msdnaa-faq
  Months before, They had signed the same with IEEE too..
http://swatantran.blogspot.com/2008/07/ieee-wants-its-students-to-be-slaves.html
But IEEE already have an established track record of seeing the rest
of the whole world as slaves. But I dont think Individuals inside ACM
or IEEE are having such a view. These measures are to be resisted and
voiced up inside the organisation itself. We should be having enough
friends inside these organisations who know the value of Freedom and
its their time to voice up.
  What about mailing the office bearers of these organisations at
different places alerting of this chains their new generation is
imposed to use?

Regards
Shyam K