[Fsf-friends] Swatantra Free Culture Showcase

Vikram Vincent vincentvikram at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 09:32:53 IST 2008

Swatantra Free Culture Showcase

This idea has been inspired by the
UbuntuFreeCultureShowcase<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuFreeCultureShowcase>

Our team wants to address various social, cultural, political and
technologically relevant issues and we want to shake things up a little bit.
At the heart of Swatantra's ethos is a belief in showcasing free
software<http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html>and free
culture <http://freeculture.org/>, and we think it would be an excellent
opportunity to show off some free culture artists by utilising their media
in various global campaigns. Although the time restrictions are tight, we
think this is too good an opportunity to miss.

So, we present the Swatantra Free Culture Showcase.
http://swatantra.org/wiki/index.php?title=SwatantraFreeCultureShowcase

How it works is pretty simple:

Your submission must be no larger than 1Minute for the audio and 3Minutes
for the video.

Upload your submission somewhere online (there are lots of free hosting
solutions available such as archive.org). Do not email any of the organisers
or judges with your submissions.

When the deadline for submissions closes, our panel of judges(*Mrs. Shobana
Mathews, Mr. Sunil Chandy, Mr. Anil Pinto*) will pick a shortlist, and will
then pick the final winners from the shortlist.

The deadline for submissions is *20th November 2008*
--
Vikram Vincent
+919448810822