[Fsf-friends] IT sector

Raj Mathur raju at linux-delhi.org
Thu Sep 25 18:59:24 IST 2008

On Thursday 25 Sep 2008, CK Raju wrote:
> [snip]
> Free Software, in that sense, shows a unhindered way of participation
> by those willing and in a direction that is tended to be away from
> corporate-culture - one driven by selfish interest, greed and
> profit-motive.

Isn't that going a bit too far?  While I agree that selfish interest and
the rest are undesirable qualities (at least in others ;) , attributing
those qualities to all corporates is a bit extreme.

After all, Sun and Red Hat (both large corporates) employees have played
an invaluable role in keeping software patents away from us so far.

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur                raju at kandalaya.org      http://kandalaya.org/