[Fsf-friends] Ten easy ways to attract women to your free software project

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 10:49:04 IST 2008

Very interesting article. We should try to follow most of the tips in
our communities.

"The gender inequality among developers and supporters of free
software is stunning. Less than 2% of us are women, according to
studies conducted for the European Commission. Why? The evidence says
we're driving them away. There are even some pretty good published
guidelines on how not to drive them away. What's missing is a
practical implementation strategy: here I present ten relatively
simple changes in how you run your project, to make it more attractive
to would-be contributors—especially women."

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/ten_easy_ways_attract_women_your_free_software_project

Cheers
Praveen
--