[Fsf-friends] Microsoft wants to liberate Panchayati Raj System

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 22:53:37 IST 2008

Hi,

> Here's the key person that IT secretary informs has the details.
> Subhra Chakraborty Mob:09331042119 E-mail: subhrackh at gmail

Thanks to Arun for attracting my attention to this thread. I must say
that I find Raju's posting is interesting. I happen to have met with
Mr. Subhra Chakraborty a couple of times due to professional
engagements. Its true that Mr. Chakraborty *is* indeed the key person
in the CSC (common services centers - NeGP G2C kiosks) program which
are among the principal consumers of the GPMS and the IFMAS software.

The fact is Mr. Chakraborty is a Project Co-ordinator / IT Officer
with the Panchayat & Rural Development (P&RD) Dept, Govt of WB. He in
turn reports to Mr. Maity who is the Deputy Secy (iirc) and finally at
the top of the P&RD admin hierarchy is Mr. M N Roy. IAS (Principal
Secy, P&RD)

So, has Mr. Chakraborty been empowered as spokesperson from P&RD? Its
interesting that the IT Secy Mr. Siddharth would be giving Mr.
Chakraborty's name as the contact person.

just wondering

-indra