[Fsf-friends] Fwd: Open Source Hindi Speech Recognition System Release

Shyam Karanattu mail at swathanthran.in
Mon Sep 1 19:50:36 IST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Sachin Joshi* <rushtosachin at gmail.com
<mailto:rushtosachin at gmail.com>>
Date: Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 3:52 PM
Subject: Open Source Hindi Speech Recognition System Release

Recently, we have built an open source Hindi Speech Recognition System
which is freely available at -

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hindiasr/

This system is based on CMU Sphinx3 package. hindiasr package provides
the basic acoustic models for north Indian hindi speakers. These models
can be plugged into any application by using Sphinx APIs. I hope that
these acoustic models will be useful for many open source application
developers, who want to integrate a Hindi speech recognition system into
their application.

The latest release of hindiasr is HindiASR-2.0 .  For detailed
information about how to run the system (on Linux Platform) please check
out the README2_0.txt from this release.

Regards,
         Sachin Joshi