[Fsf-friends] LINUX II (Linux Kernel having Microkernel Architecture)

Raj Mathur raju at linux-delhi.org
Wed Oct 29 10:51:36 IST 2008

On Wednesday 29 Oct 2008, Anoop Krishnan G wrote:
> Now its time for another revolution inside LINUX ..... lets call it
> LINUX-II ..... The monolithic architecture had become age old now its
> need a change , we can start this change before the COPYRIGHT people
> starts this revolution , the COPYRIGHT people had already set for it

Umm, Linux and all GNU programs are already copyrighted!

> .... so lets begin this revolution ...... "A LINUX WITH MICROKERNEL
> ARCHITECTURE" ............. lets celebrate freedom in a new domain of

Isn't that what Hurd is supposed to achieve?  Anyway, there are
arguments both for and against the microkernel architecture, so why
don't we first debate whether that architecture is actually a major
step forward or not?

In the immortal words of some anonymous genius: If it ain't broke don't
fix it :)

Regards,

-- Raju
--