[Fsf-friends] Free Software and School Education

Arun M arun at gnu.org.in
Tue Oct 28 22:05:15 IST 2008

Dear Friends,

 In order to strengthen our campaigns to migrate schools in India to
free software we must understand current situation. This mail is a
request for volunteers from around the country to document current
situation.

We need to collect information from every state and document it is a
public wiki. I suggest following format for collection of data. Feel
free to modify.

1. State Name
2. Organisation setting the curriculum
3. Contact Details
4. Website

5. Curriculum details
5.a. Does curriculum includes IT/CS - Yes/No
5.b. Is IT/CS a compulsory subject - Yes/No
5.c. Does the curriculum specify any particular software -
5.d Is IT/CS an optional subject  ? - Yes/No

6. IT/CS Syllabus
6.a. Does the syllabus specify software  - Yes/No
6.b. Is it based on - Free Software/Proprietary Software/Both/

7. Other information
7.a. Is there an external agency for IT training - Yes/No
7.b. Is there any training being provided to teachers -

regards
arun