[Fsf-friends] Statement of FSF India board on recent incidents

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 18:27:32 IST 2008

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Arvind Kumar Chinniah
<arvindkumar.c at gmail.com> wrote:

> We are not in a descriptive manner explained about,
> 1) Why the Kochi Conference had a protest against Novell, why cant that be
> made when the lend a hand towards you (As you were already informed, the
> proof is the mail scraps at
> http://www.gnu.org.in/kochi-conference-communication ). Why on that day, why
> not before that?

I didn't get your point. Please read
http://anivar.movingrepublic.org/2008/national-free-software-conference-boycott-novell-turn-outs
to get the details of the isues happened  in Kochi Conf.

Also want to make few points for the propaganda repeating of conspiracy theories

1. We planned awareness campaign about Novell's Anti-community
practices  as very much part of a free software event, But organizers
misunderstood  it as a "Protest" against them.

2. Protest sit-in was happened later after the Organizers manhandled
our peaceful campaign. A lot of people participated in it since it is
a threat to freedom of expression

3. At first I thought that all these incidents happened because of
lack of free software exposure for some people in the organizers . But
now i feel it is more than that (after seeing these responses &
conspiracy theories)

Anivar

--
Any responsible politician should be encouraging a home grown Free
Software industry because it creates the basis for future jobs.