[Fsf-friends] Statement of FSF India board on recent incidents

pratapreddy pratap.fsf at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 15:21:10 IST 2008

On Sun, 2008-11-30 at 00:39 +0530, Nagarjuna G. wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 12:22 AM, pratapreddy <pratap.fsf at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear friends,
> >
> > I am referring to FSF India Board statement on recent issues..
> >
> > It is quite surprising to me while going through the description to the
> > first question-Who organized the first national conference on free
> > software in 2007. The statement says...
> >
> > <quote>
> > ..... Based on his suggestion and his initiative, FSF India decided to
> > organize a national convention of free software activists. Under his
> > leadership, FSF India worked with other organizations like University of
> > Hyderabad and Swecha to conduct the first national convention.
> > <unquote>
> >
> > A committed group of Swecha activists, academicians from Universities
> > like JNTU, OU in-association with University of Hyderabad actively
> > involved in the first national conference. This group is very important
> > They should be given due credit. I think community involvement is the
> > key factor for the success.
> >

> "A committed group of Swecha activists, academicians from Universities
>  like JNTU, OU in-association with University of Hyderabad actively
>  involved in the first national conference."  I second  this statement
> from Pratapreddy. Can we edit the statement?

Thank you Dr. Nagarjuna. The community will be happy if you incorporate
the above statement.

> Nagarjuna

I have another concern with regard to first first question. Many of us
are inspired by the first national conference on free software at
Hyderabad. I think the statement needs further editing.

"It is successful platform for sharing knowledge as well as experiences
among free software community. The conference paved the way for the free
software community to expand in India."

In any event success is to be projected reflecting the relality. Please
focuss this direction also.

pratap.

--
Dr. L. Pratap Reddy,