[Fsf-friends] SAY NO TO M$-VTU CAMPAIGN : Blr : 29th Nov 2008

renuka prasad renukaprasadb at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 09:07:53 IST 2008

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Senthil Sundaram (sensunda) <
sensunda at cisco.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I guess it was a good programme yesterday for free software ...

Yes it was a nice one, many people joined hands..

> we have to concentrate on the long term aspects...

This could be taken up after after some meeting ( after RMS's Visits )

> please do write on what we could do better..please make this a community
> report on what you thought is good and bad..

Few Comments:

The Banners could have been improved

It will be better to avoid very small kids ( this is my person opinion in
the best interest of kids security - any unexpected events , who will be
held responsible -- so please avoid very small kids next time )

I am very much unhappy about using Proprietary Kannada Fonts for the
placards and NUDI software was used to make that and it was so evident that
proprietary operating system windows was used . We people should use free
softwares first and then we can tell others..

Regarding the translated version of the press release which was in kannada
could be much improved , even though jaykumar promised he will be sending
the text in unicode fonts by yesterday morning for correction which he did
not send it otherwise few corrections could have been done.

We had many people saying "NO TO M$-VTU" Lock In. the nice thing was we were