[Fsf-friends] Statement of FSF India board on recent incidents

Vikram Vincent vincentvikram at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 16:15:53 IST 2008

2008/11/29 renuka prasad <renukaprasadb at gmail.com>

> On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> <snip>
>> Let us take things objectively to analyse, debate and come to some sort of
>> an understanding.
>>
>> Democracy, transparency and openness are considered the pillars of the
>> free software movement. We talk about free(or open) standards, free
>> knowledge, etc.. and then we hear "Democracy? That is only for theory."
>> How can one ensure democratisation of knowledge if one is undemocratic?
>>
> <snip>

One reason why I promote Debian is because of its politics. It is democratic
in its own way. There is an eligibility criteria to be met before being
given developer status. Then the corresponding elections for position of
Debian leader. Fixed period of functioning. Distribution of
responsibilities. Procedure to recall a leader if the majority feel that
that functionary is not fit.

Now in the FSF-I we have people who claim to be my leader.
--
Vikram Vincent
+919448810822