[Fsf-friends] Item-9 in Open Source Definition

Mani A a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 22:01:44 IST 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 9:03 PM, Laxminarayan Kamath <kamathln at gmail.com> wrote:
> Probably like Affero-License, you could introduce your own clause for
> your own Software. But you should make sure to give your license its
> own subname - More like Mani-GPL License.

Yes, it does have some similarities with Affero. I will put up a draft
for discussion on "FOSS-PLUS" license.

I think it will be suitable for:

0. FOSS
1. Software for people with strong security and privacy concerns or
distrust of proprietary s/w.
2. Software that processes sensitive information (s/w for cloning,
health-related info, sensitive scientific
data)
3. Safety-Critical Software

... at least. It may also appeal to people interested in opening up
code for commercial benefit.

Best

A. Mani

--