[Fsf-friends] Free software is the future. The Future is ours.

justin joseph justinjoseph007 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 08:27:20 IST 2008

In the nationanl conference on Free Software at cochin, Slum dweller
had put up a stall
with Mani's paintings:

http://www.hindu.com/2008/11/23/stories/2008112354831000.htm

However the report mentions "Open Source".  But slum dweller is a Free
Software person
and understands:

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html

Yesterday we had a discussion, "are we getting more publicity than we deserve".
However it has helped, that is important to inspire youths nearby slums to
start such computer centers using Free Software.  Though the center itself
has a very long way to go and Mani's Free Software paintings are worth
the publicity.