[Fsf-friends] FSFS.in will have a larger controversy

CK Raju ck.thrissur at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 11:28:48 IST 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 10:56 AM, <achu.kulangara at gmail.com> wrote:

>   I did not see any protest against these links so far. That is why I feel
> protests at NFM2008 at CUSAT was a public stunt aimed to tarnish its
> organisers.

Ok. [Sorry Anil, for that abrupt reply - mirroring was being initiated, and
is underway - I'm back.]

I think we need to remove all prejudices before we discuss on such matters.
Anyone could have been in any roles, so let us try and see things from as
many angles and resolve to eliminate such hurdles in future.

Here FSF-I's campaign is completely known to the donors - its objectives and
goals as well as the means of achieving them. By receiving donations, FSF-I
doesn't dilute any of its stand on these objectives or goals or means - they
all remain the same. Unlike a political organisation taking bribe and
diluting its political objectives or resolving to remain a passive onlooker
to destruction, there is no such commitment made by FSF or its other
agencies here. There's also no message distributed downstream to the
defenders of freedom to dilute or alter their stand on matters concerning
such rights - no such call of discipline or ousting from organisational work
here. In such a situation, a parallel cannot be drawn.

The actions at CUSAT however could be possibly because of the unawareness of
the situation by certain section of novice organisers who may not have any
clue about Novell's design and objectives. But the omission that has been
made is allowing Novell to continue with its propaganda which is against the
slated mission of the Conference, which was on Free Software, not against
its principles. Here, we need to agree that ethics had been compromised.

Regards,
CK Raju