[Fsf-friends] Good bye to this list

Deepa Paul |ദീപാ പോള്‍ deepa.paul at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 17:56:01 IST 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 4:56 PM, justin joseph
<justinjoseph007 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Deepa Paul |ദീപാ പോള്‍
> <deepa.paul at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear fellow comrades,
>>
>> Male Chauvinism rules this this list now. Any of us are bot going to
>> achieve anything out of it. I am really tired of reading mails with
>> Chauvinist attacks and counters . This is the last request to stop
>> this FLAME not at all based on the ethos of free software.
>
> Flame is there, Chauvinism is also there.  But "Male Chauvinism"???
> I remember that you had also contributed to this FLAME!

Male Chauvinism is also there.  I admit I also put my 10 cents to that
FLAME to stop it.

>> If this continues I have to quit this space. I feel I am not the only
>> one tired with this flames. I request all responsible members to
>> relcaim this list . I am waiting 2 more days before saying good bye to
>> list
>
> I remember previous instances of Good Bye's from others here, just
> that they were back with a bang :-)

So what is your point here? You want everyone to quit this list?
Welcome to those great minds, who returned for creating fruitful discussions

> Like Pramode C.E replied in his blog:
>
> "Relax, dear Philip…. don't let the sound and the fury on the mailing
> lists and blogs bewilder you …
> take my word - your worries are unfounded. Most of the time, the Free
> Software community is tackling issues
>  which are of vital importance to the emerging information society -
> and making good progress — come to the
> next conference on Free Software in Tvm (in Dec) and you will understand how."
>
> http://pramode.net/2008/11/17/unforgettable-national-conference-on-free-software/

Well said. Joining with the spirit of above quote.

Deepa Paul
IIIT Hyderabad