[Fsf-friends] [FSUG-Bangalore] slashdot article "Boycott Novell Protesters Manhandled In India"

james mathew james.infidel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 13:31:04 IST 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 1:09 PM, Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram at gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems that "hijacking" is such a catchy phrase nowadays.
>
> Hijacking means to take over by force.Hijacking may refer to: In property:*
> Aircraft hijacking or 'skyjacking'* Carjacking* Credit card hijacking
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijack
>
> HOW the hell can anyone hijack a peoples' movement?
> I saw that James Mathew used his gnu.org.in id to post this slashdot
> message.
> Why is FSF-India promoting this "hijack" theory everywhere?

Dear Vikram,

The fact that i used the official id for the slashdot post was a slip
from my part and i apologize for the same.
I would also like to clarify that the opinions stated in the post has
nothing to do with FSF-India and are entirely my own. The rest of the
mail, it think stands answered with this clarification.

> I remember seeing the important people of FSF-India sharing the dais with
> the Left, holding important positions in the Left Govt. in Kerala, using the
> Left whenever some help is needed and then this dual standards...
> FSF-India cannot even get an appointment with a Minister without the help of
> the Left.
> It was the Left backed school teachers' assn which promoted free software in
> Kerala.
> It was because of the Left that patents in software were not adopted in
> Parliament...
> What does FSF-India have to say for itself?

James

--

HASTA LA VICTORIA SIEMPRE!