[Fsf-friends] Boycott Novell Protesters Man-handled at National Conference on Free Software 2008

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 12:39:47 IST 2008

2008/11/16 haynes davis <haynesdavis at gmail.com>:
> Anivar was one among the organizers. If he was serious enough about the
> boycott Novell protest he could have convinced the other organizing
> committee members earlier itself. Why did he waited till the last day?
> True spirit of Freedom should make us help others to understand freedom
> software better.

Because the fact that Novell is the primary sponsor is hidden by the
organisers. Can you see Novell's name mentioned in the conference
website?

> So what i feel is Anivar was copyrighting the Boycott Novell protest for
> himself. I dont believe he was interested in the ideological aspect of the
> boycott novell protest in this case, rather he was using the issue to
> fulfill his concealed agenda or else he could have intervened in the early
> stages of organizing itself.

Many of us in the community who know Anivar for a long time does not
subscribe to this idea of Anivar acting on any concealed agenda as you
suggest. He has closely worked with the Boycott Novell campaign from
its launch.

Cheers
Praveen
--