[Fsf-friends] Java is Free - 100%, Java Trap is broken

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 09:11:53 IST 2008

"Yesterday was a landmark that plenty of us have been working towards
for nearly a decade. As MR and I have been indicating for a while now,
the remaining obstacles to a fully compatible and Free implementation
of Java SE have all been removed by efforts like renegotiating the
terms for the source of Java 2D and various community members (Sun and
others) re-implementing some of the other code."

http://blogs.sun.com/webmink/entry/free_compatible_java_at_last

It is indeed a great great day for the Free Software community and a
great example of the rewards for standing up for our values. Kudos to
all who worked behind this milestone.

Next is flash -> www.getgnash.org

Cheers
Praveen