[Fsf-friends] Emacs.net?

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 05:13:17 IST 2008

    "There are two kinds of emacs users: those who start up emacs in a
top-level window and use M-x shell to do shell work, and those who
live in tcsh/ksh/bash and crank up emacs -nw to take over their
console/terminal window.

    "I was always in the former camp, and I believe that's the design
point for Doug (Purdy)'s project.  If you look up and down our
hallway, all other remaining emacs users are in that former camp as
well."

Microsoft "Chief Modeling Officer" Don Box

Full story http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1069

It is interesting to see Microsoft now realising the power of many
tools which we take fro granted in Unix or GNU/Linux.

Shell - > Microsoft Power Shell
Glade -> Avalon (XML to describe UI)

and now Emacs?

Cheers