[Fsf-friends] [FSUG-Bangalore] visit to Ambetkar Centre

Nagarjuna G nagarjun at gnowledge.org
Thu Dec 18 09:26:42 IST 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 09:07 +0530, ம. ஸ்ரீ ராமதாஸ்|Sri Ramadoss M wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Nagarjuna G <nagarjun at gnowledge.org> wrote:
> > If we analyze carefully how surplus gets generated, and look at the
> > cause of it, we do realize that it comes from the worker's skills (This
> > is of course from Marx).  Except for labor (unskilled work) the rest of
> > the skills are controlled by the owners of the workers, by holding the
> > tools we use in their custody, and by owning the workers (all the
> > non-disclosure agreements workers sign when they join as employees).
> > workers do not have the freedom to transmit the skills to others without
> > permission from the owners.
>

> yes. exactly. I was amazed seeing the agreement that my first employer
> (who was yet to give me a salary) offered.  Those who gave knowledge
> my teachers, my friends, my parents, my elders and the public involved
> me didn't even asked for anything on what I might do with the
> knowledge that I gained from them.
>
> But a company which recruits not because of the salary that they are
> going give but for the skills (that came to me by the efforts of whole
> of the society) I possess,  even before giving a months' salary
> started claiming rights on the knowledge.. Ridiculous, I felt.

Indeed!

> not every one signs the agreement because they agree to it.. but their
> family , need to live.. etc., force them to agree to it.. this is what
> employers' exploit.. that put axe on the whole of society.. It is
> difficult to unite them for same/ similar reasons.. this exactly
> prompted me to start a discussion on, 'Employee agreement in a FOSS'
> company some time back in this list as well as ILUGC..

The current FOSS companies are not using an alternate model.  That is
why they are milching free software for their benifit and not for the
benifit of the workers.  That is why we need new experiments. Myself and
Paritosh thought and created a concept called wiki-eKosystem
wekosystem.org.  Your comments and contributions will help us to find a
good alternative.

Nagarjuna