[Fsf-friends] visit to Ambetkar Centre

Nagarjuna G nagarjun at gnowledge.org
Wed Dec 17 12:49:24 IST 2008

I enjoyed the visit to the center on 14th.  This center can set a good
example of how free ICT can open up several new options.  Making such a
center sustainable and soon replicate that in several other places in
the country is our challenge.

one of the immediate things that can be done is to create an album of
paintings and create a book at lulu.com and market it internationally.
That may generate some revenue, which can be used in turn to create more
such centers.

Do check if the center can become a digital wikibazaar/mart by providing
some services to the neighborhood.  Does having such centers in rural
and sub-urban areas possible?  Can we use this center as a breeding
center for others?  there are several such questions I have in my
mind.

As long as we do this with 100% transparency, these centers can
demonstrate to the rest of the world how to run a p2p trade with social
development and involvement.

--
Nagarjuna G
http://www.gnowledge.org