[Fsf-friends] Use of Windows by some speakers

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 17:12:36 IST 2008

You mean to say that CPIM's support for Free Software depends on what I
say? I think you are ascribing too much authority to me. As far as I
understand, the party supports the FS movement for ideological reasons.
Because it thinks that FS is good for the society and the country. And
it should be that way too. FS does not belong to me (or anyone else, for
that matter.) It belongs to the entire humanity. It is promoted by tens
of thousands of people, people like you, people like Praveen, Ashik and
so many others. I try to contribute what I can. Why should a large party
like CPIM become against FS simply because of what I wrote in a list? I
don't think they are. Maybe some of them may feel anger towards me. I
can understand that. But why should they oppose FS for that? It is like
saying that the CPIM is affected because of something you wrote in some
mailing list. Nothing like that can happen, or has happened. Remember,
nothing has happened to the party even though stalwarts like K.R. Gowri
have left it. Similarly, nothing is going to happen to the FS movement.
So don't worry about such things. Let us just work towards popularising
Free Software.

Happy hacking
Sasi

--