[Fsf-friends] Use of Windows by some speakers

Raj Mathur raju at linux-delhi.org
Tue Dec 16 08:33:09 IST 2008

On Tuesday 16 Dec 2008, V. Sasi Kumar wrote:
> Your mail is full of vague insinuations and accusations.
> [snip]

What keeps me going is that this dialogue is permitted (and perhaps even
encouraged) on this mailing list.

I don't know whether or not you (the FSF Board) sneaked in, or made lots
of money, or constitute a mafia, or are really MS employees in
disguise.  Without more information one way or the other, I can't make
any judgement on these matters.  However, I can judge what I see, and I
appreciate the fact that this discussion is happening on this forum,
and I hope it continues to happen until matters are resolved (or unless
people start making personal smears to prove their points, at which
stage the discussion becomes meaningless anyway).

One request to those accusing the Board (or members of the Board): let's
please discuss matters in the light of what is better for free software
in this country, rather than in the light of specific incidents which,
while they may have left a bad taste in peoples' mouths, are by
themselves only tangentially relevant to the long-term goal of freedom.
If you believe that the Board isn't doing enough to foster FOSS, or is
actually having a negative impact on the growth of freedom in India,
please bring out your reasons for that and I for one will support your
cause whole-heartedly.  FUD, on the other hand, is a weapon employed by
the weak to undermine their opponent, and unfortunately using it makes
one's arguments appear just that: weak; facts rather than FUD is what
we need.

Regards,

-- Raju
--