[Fsf-friends] Use of Windows by some speakers

A Kannan. (CUSAT) forukannan at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 23:09:42 IST 2008

Dear Rakesh,

        You don't know the real mafia that runs fee software from Trivandrum.
They want to eat up all the money from government coffers.  They will do the same project any number of times.  Look at space, apts or any free software initiative  that we have in kerala. They are for  sucking government money.
 Take the case of Malayalam localization. These guys did this  When fund got exhausted they shifted  to Space. They will come out with another initiative when   the government changes.

  If the government had entrusted localization  to a commercial software company , after inviting tenders and with a condition that the code developed  is GPL , the task might have been over in
 a very short time.
The localisation will go on for ever and malayalam will eventually die.

 The Cochin event was well engineered so that the Mafia get a martyr image.
They got maximum publicity.  Several old listers will remember how some of the board members sneaked into the board overnight.

  All FSF board members from Kerala form a gang ( I dont know about others) . Have a look  at this page.
http://www.gnu.org.in/about-fsf-india/whos-who    And then examine the real contribution of kerala members  on technology front. It will be a big zero.
FSF India should publish detials of its  board memebers ,working group members and clearly state what free software project each one is associated with.  ( I can even see people with just email ids alone like kg(at)tug.org.in  )

      I think there are several listers around who recognises the
 gang.
Now that they are caught red handed , they are trying to be diplomatic and offering  soaps to the original blogger to douse the fire. (See lug TVM mail list)  It seems  Sunil will get kick behind his back very soon.

Kannan
   PS Just read the list of people protested as posted by Arun. The very people who ran the Trivandrum  show. They are seen at film festival cultural events Computer Society of India ,IEEE, ABCD XYZ etc. You start a new forum they will hijack it in due course.