[Fsf-friends] Events

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 23:05:15 IST 2008

On Sun, 2008-12-14 at 08:11 -0800, A Kannan. (CUSAT) wrote:

>  I got the attaced mail in Private .  So posting it for the sake of
> Clarity.
>
> @ Sasikumar
>      Why you sent me a private mail instead of replying on the list.
> I have no reason for liking or disliking you Junior Stallman.
> I guess I  raised some valid points.  You are  evading the original
> issue. I have seen your post on lug TVM also .  You are trying to save
> face right from the beginning by calling the guy who wrote the mail as
> troll.
>  Come on and  give us a clear policy statement  from FSF India.
> Excuse me if I exceed the limit.  These kind of guys  live by making
> sermons and writing  articles which is often cut and paste.

I am sorry. I must have clicked Reply instead of Reply to all. I didn't
notice it because I was in a hurry to go out. This happens sometimes. If
you are addressing me, please address me as Sasi and not anything else.

I think everyone can read what you asked and what I wrote. You asked why
I did not practice my advice. My reply was that I was not advising
anyone, only suggesting that it would be good if we can put up the
information on FSF India's website. (I hope you can see the difference.)
It is a very relevant question why I did not put up the information
about FSFS conference on the website earlier. I have not put up a report
on the conference either. This happened simply because I could not find
the time for it. Someone can say that I could have found the time if I
had really wanted to. But, then, that is applicable to everyone else
too. You say, "Very typical behavior  that we can expect". Well, if you
have been in this list, you too could have suggested it, or asked
earlier why the info is not put on the FSF web page. I am not asking you
why you did not do it because, I guess, like most others, you also did
not think about it. And you say, "Before you deliver a sermon, at least
practice the religion  for a week". For this, I have replied that I am
not either Jesus Christ or a priest to preach any sermon.

Now you say, "I guess I  raised some valid points.  You are  evading the
original issue. I have seen your post on lug TVM also.  You are trying
to save face right from the beginning by calling the guy who wrote the
mail as troll." I don't understand the relevance of these statements in
the present context, unless the intention is different. I find a lot of
venom in your mails. Otherwise, I don't understand why you should write
things like the above, or like "These kind of guys live by making
sermons and writing  articles which is often cut and paste." If this is
not a personal attack on me, I don't understand what it is. Would you
say that this also is a relevant point? If it is personal attack that
you want to do, please go ahead. And I assure you that I will not take
the initiative to throw you out of the list or block your mails. I have
nothing to say. But if it is improvement in Free Software activities or
FSF India's performance that you are interested in, your criticism
should be positive.

Best regards
--
V. Sasi Kumar