[Fsf-friends] More from fsfs.in

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 08:44:36 IST 2008

>       im surprised to see that.. all those "BOYCOT NOVEL' protests didnot
> come out..(IM NOT SUPPORTING NOVEL, BUT QUESTIONING THEIR SILENCE )  this
> time.. why didn't the blogs speak ths time ? why didnot.. the statement come
> out.. ???

Your mail clearly shows free software community is vigilant. In
National Free Software Conference Community tried to make people aware
about Novell's anti community practices and use of Microsoft windows
and Other non free stuff in exhibition.
In FSFS  Free Software community is vigilant enough to find the usage
of windows by speakers in One session. There is no need of same people
always. It is good that the concern is spreading. That means our
movement is growing. And this time Organizers are admitting their
mistakes. In Cochin, we were not succeeded in that.

But I found Some blog posts that criticising the good job done by Free
Software Community stalls . Those are not helping the movement.  i
feel. The stalls like FSUG-TVM, SMC, FSUG-thrissur, ILUG-Cochin, MES
College etc did a great work by explaining Free Software Philosophy to
technical doubts common publicAnd some blog was posted  the use
Windows theme in Gnome on FSUG-TVM stall. Those kind of fanatic
critics will not help our movement

Anivar Aravind

--
Any responsible politician should be encouraging a home grown Free
Software industry because it creates the basis for future jobs.