[Fsf-friends] More from fsfs.in

siddhu soso sid.fuser at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 16:38:42 IST 2008

> ..
>
> I was not referring to the Movement, but to the word alternative.
> Because there is no alternative to freedom. We should use "replacement
> to proprietary software" rather than "alternative to proprietary
> software". There are many alternatives to some Free Software like
> Thunderbird is an alternative to Evolution or Kontact. But Thunderbird
> is a replacement to Outlook Express. I hope it is clear now.
>
> RMS reminds us to be careful about every word we use. Some other words
> to be careful about are given here
> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html

Thanks for the link... I still stand on my previous statement.. that u
haven't really got what i said.. MORE IMPORTANT THING HERE IS USAGE OF
PROP...  S/W IN A FREE SOFTWARE CONFERENCE... sidelining this issue
shouldn't be done..  THAT YOU HAVE INSULTED RMS BY LETTING SUCH THINGS
HAPPEN AT SUCH MEGA PLATFORM..

      im surprised to see that.. all those "BOYCOT NOVEL' protests didnot
come out..(IM NOT SUPPORTING NOVEL, BUT QUESTIONING THEIR SILENCE )  this
time.. why didn't the blogs speak ths time ? why didnot.. the statement come
out.. ???

--
Thanks & Regards
Siddhartha Malempati

"Control over the use of one's ideas really constitutes control over other
people's lives; and it is usually used to make their lives more difficult. "