[Fsf-friends] More from fsfs.in

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 13:54:03 IST 2008

2008/12/13 siddhu soso <sid.fuser at gmail.com>:
> Please go through the mail.. the context in which I use the word Movement is
> not in the context that u r mentioning..

I was not referring to the Movement, but to the word alternative.
Because there is no alternative to freedom. We should use "replacement
to proprietary software" rather than "alternative to proprietary
software". There are many alternatives to some Free Software like
Thunderbird is an alternative to Evolution or Kontact. But Thunderbird
is a replacement to Outlook Express. I hope it is clear now.

RMS reminds us to be careful about every word we use. Some other words
to be careful about are given here
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html

- Praveen
--