[Fsf-friends] More from fsfs.in

siddhu soso sid.fuser at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 08:59:34 IST 2008

> We always ensure that we don't use even "less-known" proprietary software
> (forget M$ Windows) in smaller GLUG level events, workshops or
> presentations. But an International event on Free Software showcasing
> proprietary software is, bad.

:( Cannot show my face now to all our student activists here.. What you said
is true.. in the phase of engineering colleges turning to GNU.. students of
the respective colleges taking care of their labs.. we might be having a
tough time.. once we go into people... and they ask.... " Is it true that
free software can't do with out prop..?" I pray GOD this doesn't happen....
:(

AND MORE IMPORTANTLY THIS IS AN INSULT TO RMS.... THIS IS AN INSULT TO FREE
SOFTWARE MOVEMENT.... we always showed alternatives and better software to
people stuck up with proprietary software.. but WE DON"T FIND ONE FOR
OURSELVES ???? that too in an international conference ( questioning the
movement in India at a global scale ).....  UNACCEPTABLE...

--
Thanks & Regards
Siddhartha Malempati

"Control over the use of one's ideas really constitutes control over other
people's lives; and it is usually used to make their lives more difficult. "