[Fsf-friends] Statement of FSF India board on recent incidents

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 10:32:21 IST 2008

2008/11/30 sandeep reddy <linux.sandy at gmail.com>:
> I have not seen any active and live participation by  FSF-I
> in any other place but the mailing list here, where you

That does not surprise anyone. Because even on this list I don't seem
to remember seeing you. Just the work on defeating OOXML would speak
volumes. Microsoft managed to buy ISO, but we stood firm and I'm
really proud if the role FSF India, especially Nagarjuna, along with
many others, played. We were leading the world to protect document
Freedom. This is just one incident, and I can go on. May I ask where
were you when the whole Free Software community around the world were
fighting to protect document Freedom?

> actively participate in warding of the blames put forth on you or
> simply criticize and comment on other's work. This is really annoying,
> the position you hold requires you to set an example to all those looking up
> to you. Don't  mind me suggesting but i think it would be much appreciated
> by all of us if we could get to see some constructive work
> from your side.

We value RMS, his words and his mission. When he was asked about the
need for more people like him in Free Software Community at GPLv3
conference happened in Bangalore, he readily recognised the work
Nagarjuna has done and wanted us to be proud that we have a fighter
like Nagarjuna.

I am now really amazed at the shear number of people pop in here and
repeat the same lies. Do you seriously think everyone would just
believe your words and start doubting about people like Nagarjuna and
others in FSF India?

The community know them very well, because unlike people like you who
come here and shout again again, we have seen what they have done,
what they are doing and what they are ready to do.

They don't need certificates from you.

Cheers
Praveen
--