[Fsf-friends] Statement of FSF India board on recent incidents

ajay kumar freeajju at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 00:43:04 IST 2008

dear friends

Q: Are the below replies officially from FSF-I or are they nagarjuna's own
opinions?

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 11:26 PM, Nagarjuna G. <nagarjun at gnowledge.org>wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 10:27 PM, ajay kumar <freeajju at gmail.com> wrote:
> > dear friends
> >
> > local chapters
> > are you saying that FSF-I should run like its run in Europe, Americas?
> that
> > means we are trying to force solutions meant for other countries to that
> of
> > ours! in order to have more people (in general terms we call "mass base")
> > FSF-I must have local chapters. I mean considering your own views Just
> see
> > the number of population in indian states they are as equal in population
> > that in each country in europe, this clearly shows the importance of
> having
> > local chapters.
> >

> FSFE did not appear without the user groups.  We do not even have user
> gruops, why talk of chapters.  When we have more people, and
> activities increase we can all decide to form a chapter.  If such a
> need arises, we can amend our decisions.

I thought you would reply with some links to the lists or user groups in
europe and that in india so that we could have had a comparision. alas you
didn't.

Its ok i will do it for you.

Well this list of user groups and communities that i am listing out may give
an insite into the lenth and breadth of the free software and linux user
groups in india. I do admit that free software dosn't encorage listing lug's
but as FSF-I i think we can change them to glug's or free software groups
this list also includes irc channels. can we consider irc's as groups?

http://wikiwikiweb.de/LugsList  (119 groups roughly)
[thanks FN for listing the groups]

http://www.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Operating_Systems/Linux/User_Groups/Asia/India/

 Well this list also consists of groups that are there in asia, africa and
latin america too but that section is hardly 25% of the wiki page.

These are the lists of groups that include lugs, glugs, fsugs in europe.

http://www.linuxlinks.com/UserGroups/Europe/United_Kingdom/ (90 groups
roughly)
http://www.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Operating_Systems/Linux/User_Groups/Europe/
http://www.on-the-web.ch/linux/lug.html

Well the links that i took may or may not be authentic. But that dosn't stop
us from assuming the wide spread of free software.

I don't think the number of activists in the groups of europe have
outnumbered than that of indian groups.

to get things more clear.
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-user-groups.html

How many groups and activists should be there in order to form a chapter?

> > board of directors
> > When is the so called Board of Directors going to so called NOMINATE
> there
> > new Board?
> > most of the current board of directors are the same onces who are there
> > since its inception which needs a change. (well power and control over
> FSF-I
> > need to change)

I want to specifically mentions my about question here