[Fsf-friends] Futility of going after ISO

CK Raju, Thrissur ck.thrissur at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 09:50:41 IST 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 11:36 PM, Richard Stallman <rms at gnu.org> wrote:
> I don't think our community has the strength to define standards on
>  our own.

Why should we insist that a community should have the strength first
to initiate this process, let's accept ourselves as weak, and set off.

Experts could start with certain "community standards" for software,
have a procedure for standards to arrive and be there (if need be, for
phasing out, as well).

We could even accept certain ISO standards, if they fall within the
scope of our definition.

Isolated FSUGs around the globe could do wonders here.

Independant activists like me could then wait for the next horror to
be analysed.

CK Raju
Thrissur