[Fsf-friends] Futility of going after ISO

krishnakant Mane krmane at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 21:48:43 IST 2008

hi anoop.
I do respect your feelings and passion about the issue and freedom in general.
while it is true idealy, but what you propose is not really practical
because there are some issues which can't be discussed on the mailing
list and we all know about those underhand money tactics which all
companies play to get ISO standard.
secondly ISO is about standards and not necessarily about "open "
standards.  if it believes for example, that ooxml is a standard it
could be due to many reasons on and off the table.
the idea was not about "double " standards as you said, it is about a
community platform to approve open standards purely ment for freedom
of common man.
happy hacking.
Krishnakant.