[Fsf-friends] Fwd: list of audio software

Frederick Noronha [फ़रेदरिक नोरोनया] fred@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Sep 26 02:51:27 IST 2007

Could someone offer help and advice on this? FN

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: sajan venniyoor <venniyoor at gmail.com>
Date: 21 Sep 2007 11:28
Subject: Re: list of audio software
To: abhijit at mudeth.org, Ramnath Bhat <ram at voicesindia.org>, Frederick
FN Noronha <fredericknoronha at gmail.com>
Cc: "N. Ramakrishnan" <nram at ideosyncmedia.org>, Seema Nair <s.nair at unesco.org>

Dear Abhijit, Ram, Fred,

Along with the CR Technical Manual, we'd like to provide community
radio groups with free audio software. In his presentation at
Pondicherry, Abhijit had mentioned Audacity but of course there's lots
more available as free downloads.

I have drawn up a rough list (see below) of audio software, but Ram of
Ideosync points out that some of them are not very user-friendly.
Could we test some of these (and others like Ubuntu Studio that
Ideosync Ram has mentioned) pick out the best for our CR people? It
would be a very useful resource that we could club with the Technical
Manual and offer to CR groups.

Let me know what you think.

warm regards,
Sajan