[Fsf-friends] Free Software in Kerala ... a very interesting story

Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Sep 15 12:53:17 IST 2007

On 15/09/2007, Anilkumar K V <achu.kulangara at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is really a good attempt by Sasikumar. I appreciate him for this
> write-up.
>
> However, since the narration of this write-up is mainly based on the
> experience of free software movement in Thiruvananthapuram, I feel the title
> is better renamed as "The Story of Free Software in Thiruvanathapuram,
> India".

Even that could be wrong since I have left out the efforts of CDIT, as
you mentioned.

As I have mentioned at the beginning of the blog, this was a chapter
in a book, and I had a deadline. Moreover, this was not meant to be a
comprehensive story of Free Software in Kerala but just an overview
for a specific purpose. As I have mentioned in the article itself,
"The story is bound to be biased by my experiences and limited by my
knowledge. Individuals or organisations who have contributed to the
Free Software movement in the state may have been left out from the
narration, even though this is written after speaking to several
people who were involved right from the beginning of the movement. I
apologise for any such omissions and assure the readers that they are
inadvertent and not deliberate." Finally, this was written about one
year back. A lot of things that happened in this period will therefore
not fnd a place in it.

However, my idea is to add material to the article as and when I can
so that eventually this becomes a record of the history of FS in
Kerala. I am thinking of extending it to the entire country, if I am
able to find the time, so that there will be a recorded history at
least of FSF India.

I apologise for the error in the name of OSSICS. I am correcting it.
But I did mention S2S2.

--
V. Sasi Kumar
Free Software Foundation of India