[Fsf-friends] Fwd: [bms-lug] Minutes of the discussion on "Understanding GPL version 3"

Praveen A pravi.a@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon May 21 12:51:54 IST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shashank Bharadwaj
Date: २००७ मई २० १४:०४
Subject: [bms-lug] Minutes of the discussion on "Understanding GPL version 3"

The minutes are posted on the wiki:
http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Bangalore/BMSCE/Understanding_GPL_version_3#Minutes

If you are lazy to click the link I'll give the information here:

First up, of the 18 members registered on the wiki , only 9 turned up!!

Well these were some of the things that were discussed, if I have
missed something please feel free to add it.
Why a third version of GPL is needed.
How the GPLv3 will enable us (The Free Software Community) to stop
deals like the Novell-Microsoft ones.
Saw a video of Eben Moglen speaking on the Microsoft-Novell deal.
The importance of GPLv3 in Embedded Systems and in stoping DRM.
Briefly talked about the Campaign to promote free software in
Karnataka , going to our schools and persuading them to switch to Free
Software.
Decided that the BMSLUG has done enough of talking and that we'll do
some projects on GNU in our holidays in mid-July.

--
Regards
Shashank
bms-lug-unsubscribe at googlegroups.com