[Fsf-friends] Airtel Data Card on Ubuntu

Javed Rahman s.kaniff@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Mar 28 04:18:22 IST 2007

On 3/27/07, Mahesh T. Pai <paivakil at gmail.com> wrote:

> You will need to contact your dealer and ask him which (brand / make /
> chipset) cards are available (if at allyou have have a choice) and
> then go and google.

ok.. will do that... but i dont seem to find anything on GNU/Linux and
datacards in general. do ppl actually use these things?

> Just in case this is helpful : I am using ubuntu edgy on a sony vaio
> > vgn-fe48g.
> Just out of curiosity, do all the hardware features work on this h/w?
> (IR / WiFi modems, etc?)

WiFi works perfectly out of the box. i'm using bluetooth with
gnome-bluetooth. perfect out of the box. havent tried using the modem yet
but its detected in networking. only things not working are the Fn keys (can
be fixed by patching the kernel, taken care of in fiesty), the camera (there
is a driver for this but is not stable) and the sony memory stick slot (no
solution for this yet) alsa needs to be compiled from source for the
headphone and mic to work. speakers work out of the box. on the whole good
compatibility.. so i've completely shifted to linux..