[Fsf-friends] US politics to FOSS!!

Vivek Khurana hiddenharmony@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Mar 21 15:38:49 IST 2007

> * Who's not eligible to participate as a student in Google Summer of Code?
> *
>
> Google employees, interns, contractors, family members, or citizens of
> Iran, Syria, Cuba, Sudan, North Korea and Myanmar (Burma), with whom we
> are
> prohibited by U.S. law from engaging in commerce, are ineligible to
> participate. Mentoring organizations that are taking part in *Google
> Summer

 Sounds fine to me. SoC involves making payments to  participating students
and should be under US taxation law. If US law prohibits any commercial
activities with these states, then Google can debar citizens of mentioned
states from participating.  Pay any amount to a person in lie of work is a
commercial activity.

 I don't see politics here.

regards
VK