[Fsf-friends] US politics to FOSS!!

Tinku Sampath tinkusam@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Mar 21 11:27:08 IST 2007

Even though Google is widely recognized as an organization which is showing
commitment to FOSS promotion (primarily for their business expansion), the
same time company act as an agency for applying US politics to the FOSS
which is open to all in this world regardless of the bounds of country,
language, and culture.

( http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=60280&topic=10730 )

"""

* Who's not eligible to participate as a student in Google Summer of Code? *

 Google employees, interns, contractors, family members, or citizens of
Iran, Syria, Cuba, Sudan, North Korea and Myanmar (Burma), with whom we are
prohibited by U.S. law from engaging in commerce, are ineligible to
participate. Mentoring organizations that are taking part in *Google Summer
of Code* may add additional stipulations regarding which students may
participate in the program under their auspices.

"""

We are fighting against the unhealthy policies put forwarded by
Organizations and Governments (eg: DRM) which are against freedom. At the
same pace, we have to protest against this anti social behaviour...

---
Tinku Sampath