[Fsf-friends] The game may well be over...

Nagarjuna G. nagarjun@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Mar 20 09:24:58 IST 2007

CK Raju, Thrissur wrote:
> On 3/14/07, Ajay Pal Singh Atwal <ajaypal at bbsbec.org> wrote:
>
>> But I wont. Bravo ECI and the people behind it. Keep the good work on.
>

> But before I leave the scene, let me record some more facts.
>
> 1. NDA govt  implements privatisation (initiated by Congress regime in 90s)
> of Navaratna  VSNL - UPA/Left are in opposition
> 2. VSNL gets a new private MD in the form of Ratan Tata 2002-2005.
> 3. Ratan Tata is a governing member of board of trustee in RAND - research
> and analysis think tank for US Armed Forces.
> 4. Ratan Tata is also on programme board of Bill Gates and Melida Gates
> Foundation.
> 5. Reliance, which owns FLAG, is already a close partner of Microsoft.
> 6. Microsoft thus gains strategic and vantage points at VSNL and other
> important landing stations of undersea bandwidth cables.
> 7. US had by now announced successful Cyber warfare NSPD 16 through a
> Presidential Directive, whereby any remote digital networks could be
> crippled.
> 8. Somewhere in between in a US court, Microsoft informs that it cannot
> continue revealing further information to the judge, as the information is
> closely related to US national security.
>
> That was all what I could gather. So the continent is now prone to cyber
> attack. And look who's celebrating - with Ratan Tata. If Tagore were alive
> now, he would have slapped someone in W Bengal, at least I am sure.
>

> That leaves me to announce my retirement from FSF list. Bye.

all of us aware of the nexus between corporates and Govt.  the point is
to break it, increase awareness about it, and continue fighting.
FSFIndia's message in Hyderabad free software convention was this.

please don't loose heart, we must patiently and relentlessly do this
fight for freedom.

Sometimes, the facts of the kind that you mentioned may not make much
sense, though they might indicate at times how system's work.  Take for
e.g., FSF India's chairperson is an employee of TIFR, which has Ratan
Tata as a board member.  Does this make FSF India a ally of Ratan Tata
in any way.  FSF has a published and clear manifesto.  Whoever is
against software freedom, we must make people aware of this.

Please also suggest, if there are any other actions that FSF India
should take.

Nagarjuna