[Fsf-friends] The game may well be over...

Ajay Pal Singh Atwal ajaypal@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Mar 14 21:25:39 IST 2007

----- CK Raju, Thrissur <ck.thrissur at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anything now would only be an activity to pass time - if this is
> confirmed.

Was just going through eci.gov.in

See this URL http://eci.gov.in/DevForum/DevForum.asp
and read the para at the end of page
Posting from eci website here for your convenience:

--------------quote------------
We encourage use of Free/Open Source solutions. Though at ECI and State level, databases are consolidated in Oracle, we encourage smaller databases at the levels of ERO/DEO to be in MySQL, Postgres etc. We are big supporters of OpenOffice.Org. Election Machinery across the country is also encouraged to use freeware like IrfanView for Imaging, GRASS, MapServer, Google Maps API etc. for GIS etc. Our databases are mostly XMLised now, and in this section also, we have released most of the databases in XML format rather than any proprietary format.
--------------quote------------

> I lose interest and my heart.

But I wont. Bravo ECI and the people behind it. Keep the good work on.

--
Sincerely

Ajay Pal Singh Atwal
Dept of CSE & IT