[Fsf-friends] The game may well be over...

CK Raju, Thrissur ck.thrissur@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Mar 14 11:37:38 IST 2007

VSNL, India's flagship internet bandwidth provider for ISPs is now a
sleeping-ally of Microsoft. Strategic alliances have been forged on many
fronts (the latest for messaging services, yesterday). Reliance, which
controls FLAG, has stakes in VSNL - its chief is the former chief of VSNL -
also is a strategic partner of Microsoft for testing/deploying of Microsoft
based internet services.

The major Indian internet bandwith gateways are now within the operational
command of Microsoft.

Whatever information now originates for an outside world, or is received
here from an outside world, is at the mercy of this corporate. What a smooth
takeover... with UPA in power at centre, supported by Left (mauled, only
when there is a dispute over which territory should have university).

We can continue our discussion on Free Software in markets, Free software in
schools, Free software in e-governance etc in peace, because the game, I
presume, is already over.

CK Raju,
Thrissur