[Fsf-friends] Hall of Shame

cvr3 at antispam cvr3@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Mar 11 22:17:59 IST 2007

> http://www.lug-delhi.org/wiki/HallOfShame/Websites
>
> I just wanted our friends to know that some time back FSF-India  really
> had
> promoted this idea to alert about the first-time breaches of freedoms.
> Most
> of them were minor sways and hence the term "Shame". For the hardened
> betrayers, we don't give them an honour of Shame, we treat or handle them
> differently.
>
> http://www.lug-delhi.org/wiki/HallOfShame/ISP lists BSNL but for a
> different
> reason. All I wanted was to re-list it again with a new reason. It just
> happened that Mr Srinivas responded, which means that , even a mere threat
> of including in the Hall of Shame works!!

If this kind of threat and tricks can work wonders it is lots better to
keep resorting to these. My view is that before sending these people
straight away to the Halls of Shame, we should give them an oppurtunity to
correct themselves. What about the Minister of Company Affairs's site
where one need to transact his digital signatures on M$ platforms and for
me this deserve as much serious attention as the Mails servers. I wonder
to which Hall we send our Ministers, who are working on the premise that
public memory is short. In the case of mail servers you have at least
alternatives such as Gmail, yahoo etc., though they are also under
obligation to supply everything to the US Government, if required by the
latter. Privacy is becoming a myth in this digital world.

--
Rajagopal CV