[Fsf-friends] kaffeine & codeine crashes

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Mar 9 22:17:31 IST 2007

Kussh said on Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 09:07:37PM +0530,:

 > how much ram  do you have? kaffeine crashes in  my p4 machine which
 > has 256 mb  ram. am using kanotix.  Kaffeine  only worked initially
 > and since  then has never worked.  I suspect ram has  to be atleast
 > 512m, if not 1 gb.

Works fine on a PIII 800 machine with 256 MB ram.

Please try again after removing $HOME/.kde/share/config/kaffeinerc

 > On 3/9/07, ANOOP KRISHNAN <ANOOPKRISHNAN at v3mail.com> wrote:
 > >
 > >   my kaffeine and codeine player allways crashes.
 > >   I am using Debian etch and 2.6.16 & 2.6.15 kernel .
 > >   any one please answer me.

Please open a console, and start kaffeine (without any arguments). see
if anything is  printed on the console. If the  output is not helpful,
try the command  `strace kaffeine'. This is bound  to be very verbose,
so you better log the output to a file (see `man strace')

Please get back with the results.

--
 Mahesh T. Pai <<>> http://paivakil.blogspot.com/
Learn from the mistakes of others.